I remember as a young teenager growing up in England, drinking cider in a summer beergarden, having a ploughman's lunch and laughing with little care in the world. Good times indeed.
However, it wasn't until a later trip to Normandy, France that I truly tasted a spectacular cider, and I was hooked. I had to find that cider back in the USA, it was going to be my mission in life. And lo and behold, I found it, at least temporarily. After one year, the only place in my hometown that stocked this cider no longer carried it, I had but only two choices. Order it online, or search for a satisfying alternative. And this is what brings me to this blog. I'm going to look into the wonderful world of cider, and in the pursuit of perfecttion, I'm going to review all the wonderful and not so wonderful alternatives along the way.
Another reason to start this blog is from a health standpoint. Recently I found that my body doesn't agree with Gluten and that means beer is mostly out of the question. Yes, there are gluten free beers on the market, but frankly, they taste awful. Cider is naturally gluten free and with more and more people choosing a gluten free lifestyle, I feel that cider will soon become a drink of choice here in the US, as it is in many places throughout Europe.
Before I leave this blog for today, I will leave you with what I consider the Holy Grail of ciders.....Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you....Dupont Cidre Bouche...
Until I find another cider better than this one, it will be the standard in which I measure all other ciders. My next blog will include the first review of a cider I have tried recently.
Yours in good health!

No comments:
Post a Comment